FoodWIse focuses on helping individuals and families purchase and prepare healthful meals and snacks based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans including MyPlate.
– Making half of your plates fruits and vegetables
– Balancing your calories by avoiding over sized portions
– Make at least half of your grains whole grains
– Switch to fat-free or low-fat 1% milk
– Choose foods with lower amounts of sodium
– Drink water instead of sugary drinks
– Get active every day (amount of time depends on age)
For more information and recipes on the five food groups explore the links below
Protein Meal Ideas/Smart Choices
Visit these links to learn more about the Nutrition Facts Label and how to look up calories and nutrients in food.
Looking for new and delicious recipes to try? Visit our Food Finder.